[thechat] Saddam and Gomorrah?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Apr 24 05:24:40 CDT 2003

From: "Madhu Menon"

> I don't see why Muslims should *support* him. He's (ahem, sorry, WAS) a
> cruel dictator who tortured and killed many thousands of people. There is
> practically NOTHING to like about him. He's hardly a candidate for sainthood.

I agree to some extent. American attack on Iraq has produced some support for
Saddam in Muslim world. Being a part of Muslim world, I do feel it. Saddam has
been a hero of Muslim world. I know people of my age in Pakistan whose names are
Saddam Hussain, just because their parents supported Saddam and gave his name to
their children. As Saddam always supported India and never supported Pakistan on
the matter of Kashmir, therefore, Pakistan's government never supported him.

> Why peace-loving people would support a fruitcake like Saddam is beyond me.

Would they love GWB or are they supposed to be doing so?

--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/