[thechat] Christina a hit with Brits

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Apr 30 13:22:51 CDT 2003

rudy wrote:
>>  but if the question of desirability is phrased correctly -- "hook up with
>>  this girl and have your every action, your every move, your entire
>>  existence dictated by her whims, until such time as she dumps you" --
>>  then you'd be nuts to have anything to do with an attractive pop star

william replied:
>dated Christina Aguilera lately then have we?  If not, how do you know what
>she's actually like in a relationship? :)

Oh, let me help here.  First of all, you gotta give rudy some credit
for having a few years experience on most of the rest of us...

and let me offer my perspective as a woman.

When you are a 20 year old attractive (hot, sexy, whatever) woman,
men begin to fall around your feet like dominos... especially if you
have any kind of attention-getting occupation: waitress, pop-star
diva, teacher, stripper. Constant attention affects one's self image,
it's a kind of power that is hard not to manipulate...

Women in their early 20's have bodies, but their brains and
self-esteem are often underdeveloped.  This can lead to interesting
and at times unfortunate situations.

So try to imagine being in a relationship with a pop-star who gets
told on a daily basis she's "all that" by a lot of lustful men who
would do anything to get a piece of it...

I do not think Maxim readers in general are looking at women and
thinking, "yes, I'd like a long term fully committed relationship
with this woman."  They are thinking "I wanna bang her... and her...
and her.. and her..." okay any number of young women fit this bill...
and hell, the younger the better (within reason) as the younger they
are the less demanding they are likely to be.

Maxim readers may mostly be young, but Maxim can be read by older men
who dream of having a young, hot, undemanding nymphette... but who in
real life have a snowball's chance in hell of scoring with one.

hth,

Erika