[thechat] USA Medical Insurance (advice needed)

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Mon May 5 15:34:31 CDT 2003

Hi all:

As some of you already know, within some months I'll be relocating, I'm
heading for Maine.

My trip is depening on a grant that my wife won for a PhD., and they are
asking me to have a medical insurance.

The people from the university gave me a list of providers, but we all
know that looks can be decieving.

What I need is real human advice, who are good, who are the cheapest,
who present problems, experience.

Initially I'd need the cheapest possible plan, as long as it gives what
they promise and it covers the normal injuries of home life (and cars)
and MTB activities.

This is the list they gave me:

http://www.acha.org/
http://www.champion-ins.com/