[thechat] Fish do feel pain

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Wed May 7 00:55:24 CDT 2003

> At 06:07 AM 07-05-03, rudy wrote:
> >of course fish feel pain
>
> said madhu:
> This I'll go with.
>
> >of course living things, and even some inanimate objects, have a soul or
> >spirit
>
> This I won't.
>

> >people who disagree with, or have trouble accepting, these concepts have
> >obviously not been living on the same planet as the rest of us.
>
> Why?
> You have anything other than an appeal to belief?
> ( http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-belief.html )

i've played many pianos in my day, and i'm with rudy on this one.

most pianos, feel lonely and under-appreciated. this leads to general
grumpy- and crankiness.

but with a little love, and you can win one over and make it your friend for
the evening.

alcohol also helps me lose my inhibitions. i find it's easier to talk to
pianos when i have a few drinks in me. i'm not as shy or self-conscious as i
usually am.

nagrom

piano talking:
http://morgankelsey.com/music/