[thechat] Flamewars [WAS: Linux and Middle Earth]

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Wed May 7 10:34:03 CDT 2003

Matt

> > Purely out of interest, what's wrong with GNU Hurd?
>
> Besides the fact that it doesn't exist? :P

Humour me and assume that it does exist, and that an unstable binary is
available for distribution by the Debian project. Would the reason for
mirth at the expense of users be:

1) It has no practical reason for being
2) The fact that it's currently under development make it buggy and
difficult to implement
3) Other (please specify)...

I don't believe that you were trying to initiate a flame war, as there
was no reference to my simian ancestory being somewhat more recent than
that of the general public. Neither did you bring to public attention
the fact that I had clearly never heard of GNU Hurd prior to William's
post. :-)

Regards

Chris Marsh