[thechat] Hospital seeks Klingon speaker

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Mon May 12 17:07:37 CDT 2003

> At 10:02 AM 12-05-03, David Wagner wrote:
> >Yep. Welcome to Oregon.
> >
> >And we just cut a huge percentage of public health care, so nobody gets
> >their meds anymore. It's gonna be a fun ride.

Madhu replied:
> And I thought Oregon was one of the better states.

It's a beautiful place, with lots of great people, and just enough assholes
to ruin it for everybody.

> (In fact, Jeff had almost convinced me to settle down there if I ever
moved.)

> I think I'll stick to Alabama.

Good plan, in some ways. You know what to expect: Alabama can only go
uphill.

For those who don't follow Doonesbury, it's been ragging on Oregon quite
thoroughly lately, mostly for education-related budget cuts. Today's strip
hits this topic as well:
http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.cfm?uc_full_date=20030512

--

David Wagner