[thechat] Which OS are you?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue May 13 12:55:05 CDT 2003

Erika Meyer wrote:

> I had thought of DOS (aka disk operating system) as being a specific OS,
> namely the c/pm ripoff QDOS purchased by Microsoft in 1980.  But yeah,
> now I remember they used to call that MS-DOS, right.

"DOS" is pretty generic -- one of IBM's early mainframe (System 360)
operating systems was called DOS (later DOS/VS and DOS/VSE), though
it was pretty much displaced by VM and MVS, which *rocked*, BTW :-)
Oops, I see the interest-level gauge dropping precipitously towards
the red zone.

We now return you to the 21st Century, already in progress...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.