[thechat] X3 [spoilers to X2?]

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Sat May 17 09:19:13 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Morgan Kelsey" <morgan at morgankelsey.com>
> yeah baby, i've been watching my DVD of xmen 1.5 almost daily.
> and i heard a rumor that X3 might be a reproduction of issues 99-100 when
> jean grey becomes phoenix and then they're gonna do the whole issues 130-137
> when dark phoenix almost devours the entire cosmos and professor x joins
> minds with the galactic watchers and the silver surfer goes nuts and...

I knew that they were going to do the Phoenix saga since the first flames
appeared in Jean's eyes as she tried to stop the missiles heading toward the
Blackbird in X2.  The flaming image in the water at the ending sequence only
supported it.

I think it's going to be a spectacular showing though - the Phoenix saga has
always been my favorite X-Men saga, simply because of the love shown between
Jean and Scott.

Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu