[thechat] Total Lunar Eclipse

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Mon May 19 08:43:02 CDT 2003

rudy wrote:

>>anyway... look ma, no tripod!
>>
>> http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~jvelasco/fotos/eclipse1152.jpg
>

> gorgeous
>
> i'd've needed the tripod, i'm too shaky otherwise

ok, ok, it's not 100% handlehld either's, i'm no robot! here's how i did
it: i supported the camera on the edge of my balcony's rail, to avoid
shaking, but then i had to point it towards the moon with my hands to
get the right angle, so the angle does depend on my hands while the
level is safe on the rail. and then i held my breath in a zen fashion
for that 1sec of exposure. ;)

> and hey, isn't your moon upside down from ours in the northern hemisphere?
>
> (hmmm, maybe the word is upside-down? or is it upsidedown?)

certainly, but we're talking about an elipse, aren't we ;)

cheers
javier