[thechat] US Senate Repeals Nuclear Research Ban

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed May 21 15:50:10 CDT 2003

"In a Senate speech Tuesday, Senator Diane Feinstein (D-California) said
lifting the ban will encourage other countries to pursue nuclear weapons
with far greater destructive force.

Tuesday, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld rejected the criticism,
saying the Pentagon only wants to research new nuclear weapons that
could destroy chemical and biological weapons buried deep underground.
The House of Representatives is set to debate a similar measure
Wednesday, as it prepares its version of the 2004 spending bill."

Osama Bin Laden says "we have no choice but to distribute our chemical
and biological weapons more widely, into your neighbours garage and your
school cellars so that you will not find them and the likelihood of a
biological accident becomes more likely."

Kim Jong II says "We'd like some of them mini-nukes too - they'll be
good fun on Chinese New Year...."

Tony Blair says "My good friend Mr Bush and I have agreed that we will
keep some of his low yield nuclear devices (only the little ones , less
than five kilotons) in bunkers to the west of London for rapid
deployment should the axis of evil rise up in europe against us"

Here we go again.........