[thechat] No-one likes us... we don't care (apparently)

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Sun May 25 11:31:42 CDT 2003

From: "Barry Sweeney"

| on 25 May 2003 13:16, Martin wrote:
| > However, this year, we got null points. Zero. Our song was pretty
| > reasonable Euro-pop fare, so it can't be that. The explanation
| > everyone's assuming is that it's a punishment for snubbing the rest
| > of Europe in favour of Bush's approach to Iraq.
| <snip>
|
| On the other hand, I only caught a glimpse of this (honest!) and
strangely
| enough the one entry I saw was the UK's.  It was awful, the poor girl
came
| in flat and never recovered.  We wuz cr at p.

As a person who saw it all, I must agree with Barry, the poor girl had some
serious problems at the beginning of the song. I honestly think she was
nervous for all the contestants, and then some.

But with the changed rules, aren't you automatically in the final group
anyways? Isn't UK one of four with fixed place in the finals along with
Germany, France and Spain?

As for the Austrian contestant, I predicted that he'd get a lot of voting,
because his act was very rebellious, he was in more ways than one airing
his opinion on the contest.

But I must finish off by stating that the difference between the Turkish
winner and Holly Valance's Kiss Kiss is slim to none.

The Turkish winner: Everyway that I can with Sertab Erener
http://www.eurovision.tv/public/participants/23311.html

Holly Valance's Kiss Kiss
http://www.wmuk-newmedia.co.uk/holly/kisskiss_war_r_hi.ram

elfur
*the 'non-Eurovision-fan-who-still-sees-it-every-year-with-her-daughter'
one