[thechat] Why?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Sun Jun 1 03:04:29 CDT 2003

From: "Chris Marsh"

> > > How far off the mark am I? We are not discussing the depth of my
> > > knowledge of Islam. As you do not dispute the integrity of my
> > > assertions, I can only assume that you accept that I am in this
> > > instance correct.
> >
> > Without having in depth knowledge of Islam you cannot say
> > anything about Islam.
>
> That's absolute rubbish. One can say anything about any subject as long
> as one stays within the bounds of ones knowledge.

You don't know if your knowledge about Islam is right or wrong. How can you know
your bounds of knowledge?

> And you still haven't
> told me that I am wrong and why.

In a single sentence; retaliating always war with always peace not Islamic. War
must not necessarily be with weapons and arms.

> > If you study Quran in depth, you'll
> > once shiver with fear.
>
> I doubt it very much. I shiver with fear at the thought of lunatics
> misinterpretting texts that basically advocate peace and love, and using
> them as an excuse to kill, maim and torture. Simply reading any
> religious text will instill no fear in me whatsoever.

Quran offers every non-Muslim to read and understand it in his own way. If you
study it deeply without any prior knowledge you'll still feel every verse of
Quran inside yourself.

> [..]
> > > Um, fundamentalist muslims? Jews? Christians? Take your pick.
> >
> > Is there any Muslim in the government of USA?
>
> I don't know. What if there isn't? Are there any Christians in the
> government of Iran?

I don't know if there is any. Has Iran ever attacked any country or showed
military aggression against any country?

> [..]
> > > whatever) from a complete stranger. You know him to be
> > *nian, and you
> > > like *nians, so you trust him and buy without looking under
> > the bonnet
> > > (or tail, whatever). Not a very good way to acquire goods and/or
> > > services from strange vendors.
> >
> > It is very natural if you take it microscopically. I like
> > Iran and China as countries. It's natural that I would like
> > anybody belonging to these countries. But in long time
>
> Your surety of what is natural and what isn't shows your dogmatic
> nature. Why not question what you have been taught for a change rather
> than repeating it by rote?
>
> > scenario, I'll take care of the person's personal character
> > and my personal relation with him/her on his personal
> > character. I don't like USA. Naturally I'll hesitate from any
> > American. But his/her personal character will persuade me to
> > like him/her.
>
> Thus demonstrating your racism and immaturity.

You are still not getting my point or refusing to get it.
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/