[thechat] Why?

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Tue Jun 3 01:52:30 CDT 2003

Syed:

I have to admit, you have chosen the most illogical method of disliking
people.
By watching and believing CNN as the gospel truth ?  I watch CNN myself
but I dont
believe everything that I see and hear (I have to admit kinda fancy the
morning news
host - Hala Gorani, she makes the news more believable ....but thats
beside the point).
I guess you are more american than you want to admit.

Unfortunately the only thing you have achieved with all this snivelling is
paint a
very poor picture about yourself and your country.
Coincidentally, I happened to meet a couple of very nice pakistani ladies
this
weekend, here in Nairobi.  These ladies are from Lahore and here on
holiday, they
were really nice to speak to (besides the good looks -- oooh they have the
loveliest
eyes and....OK lemme stop now)...and of course at some point  the
conversation
invetiably turned to politics. (you know like india-pakistan, the middle
east ...).

I was really surprised to have a very balanced conversation on these
issues with these
ladies, completely contrary to what  I was expecting. (I was actually
expecting more of
the "foaming mouth" theatrics that we get from you).

I am just curious here, but do you have any hobbies other than reading CNN
? you
know like going to the movies, women, drinking(beer/milk/coke), playing
football/cricket ?
Honestly, if you have such wonderful women in lahore, I bet karachi must
be full of them ---
maybe yu should be going out and looking for them? I find it incredulous
that you
would waste time on CNN, when you could theoritically(and legally) be
allowed to have
four women like this!

If you want, I can ask them for their phone numbers in Lahore and give it
you.....

--Ashok