[thechat] Why not?

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 06:04:13 CDT 2003

Hi Isacc

>beervolt plans are good, but if you've got any ideas for work
opportunities, that will help immensely! surely i can
>freelance without anyone even needing to know i'm here? or something
similar?

Can't say I approve of the black/grey ecconomy, but it's a fact of life.
Finding freelance webdesign work might be a bit tricky, as it's still not a
great market here at the moment.  With a depressed market being flooded with
university finalists who will happily work far below minimum wage to get
some extra cash.

Other 'under the counter' work is more plentiful though.  Your best bet is
to talk to SANs (South Africans, Australians, New Zealanders) as they'll
probably be able to point you in a good direction.  Downside is that the
wages will probably be lower (but no tax) and as far as working conditions
go....well you're not going to see any HSE visits.

Norman