[thechat] Last Math exam

Martin martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 08:49:08 CDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Morgan Kelsey wrote:

> RonL displayed a taste for bad humor:
>
> > (Warning everyone again that beer and calculus don't mix ....
> > Please ... Don't drink and derive!)
>
> uh-oh, and I only have bad musician jokes to fight back with:

ooooh, *plenty* more where that came from. I used to work in a music shop
where we had a couple of essential policies for *any* music shop:

1) If you use any of the demo axes to play any one of a number of banned
tunes, you get fined. The worse you play it, the more you try to copy
exactly the record and the more hackneyed the tune, the bigger the fine.
You can probably guess some of the banned list: Stairway, anything by the
Police, She Sell Sanctuary, etc etc etc

2) On the other hand, if you told us (the staff) a joke, and we laughed,
you got money from the fine tin. However, it was a point of principle that
we *never* laughed at a punter's joke. I only recall 2 successful
attempts:

How do you know when a bodhran player is at the door? .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The knocking gets faster

What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
.
.
.
.