[thechat] Why?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Fri Jun 6 00:03:58 CDT 2003

From: "Chris Marsh"

> Are you now saying that you are not a devout muslim? Yes? No?

I do not think that I am a Perfect Muslim. Perfection is quite difficult or some
would say impossible. But I do my best to be on my religion. But it is
obligation for every Muslim to clarify the Islamic point wherever he/she sees
some mutilation.

> This is a
> straightforward question, but you appear incapable of answering a direct
> question with a direct answer.

It's not the incapability, it's intentions. I try to give a response which could
give you a multidimensional reply. There are always some hidden meanings in my

> If you do not consider yourself a devout
> muslim, then say so.

Which kind of Muslim you consider a "devout" Muslim? How do you define a devout
Muslim? I belive there is a great difference in the ways which a Muslim and a
non-Muslims use to obsereve another Muslim.

> In this case I will apologise for my
> misunderstanding of your religious beliefs.

In short, you have mostly misunderstood my religious beliefs.

> If not, then don't ask
> stupid questions. I would like to believe that you are being
> disingenous, but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that you don't
> have even the potential capacity for intelligent debate.

You are still misunderstanding me. By saying so you are claiming to be very
capable of an intelligent debate. Your own beliefs are not clear to you. You
need to meditate about yourself.

> > Islam has nothing to do with your considerations.
>
> This statement is meaningless. Yet again you have failed to show that I
> am incorrect. Again, in the absence of any kind of meaningful rebuttal,
> I must assume that you find me to be correct in my assertions.

Again you failed to understand a single and simple sentence. You are judging
Prophet Muhammad according to your own perspective. That's entirely wrong. And I
meant that with my statement. If you have any questions about Prophet Muhammad
then clarify them.

> > How much do you know about Prophet Muhammad?
>
> Again, tell me I'm wrong.

YES, you ARE wrong.

> Tell me that Mohammed would have approved of a
> third party advocating war when none was necessary.

How do you decide whether a war is necessary or not? My real question stays same
at this point.
*****************************
When USA "resolves" or "dissolves" peaceful matters with wars then why does it
urges others to "seek political solutions"?
According to American definitions of terrorism and reasons for military actions,
Indonesia's military action in Aceh is completely justified.
Why doesn't USA consider it?
*****************************

See it was not any religious from any perspective. USA must keep its nose out of
matters of other countries. Indonesian government knows better how to deal with
the rebels of a part of its own country.
Innocent people must not die but rebels must be controlled militarily if
necessary.
Sometimes peace claims more deaths than wars.

> Go on, I dare you.

Very arrogant and aggressive way of talking! It is not a manner of debate. You
need a cool glass of water before coming to your computer.

> Back it up with references from a recognised English translation of the
> Quran.

According to my knowledge, the most recognized and reputed translation of Quran
is by Abdullah Yousuf Ali. This translation of Quran is available for free
download at http://www.geocities.com/mtwspace.
I am going to quote some verses from Quran related to war:

Al-Baqara (Surah 2: Verses 190 to 193)
(Al-Baqara means The Cow)

190. Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress
limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

191. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they
have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but
fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if
they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

192. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

193. And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there
prevail justice and faith in Allah. but if they cease, Let there be no hostility
except to those who practise oppression.

(Some very severe words have been used in above verses but the reasons are also
been described as well.)

> What? You feel that you must respond to my posts, but you feel incapable
> of answering direct questions? Why do you feel the necessity to respond
> if you have none of the answers that I require? Why not educate me, if
> you feel that I am in error?

In fact you don't want to be educated. You can't even clarify your curiosities
or you feel embarrassment in doing so. You don't know where you are confused.
You must pinpoint your confusions for asking for satisfactions.

> Curious, then, that there has been so much bloodshed
> between the followers of both religions.

It still continues in Iraq and other parts of the world.

> > Islamic books and other related content is very common and
> > not hard to find. I would suggest you Google.
>
> <sarcasm level="high">What is this "google" you speak of? Sounds
> interesting...</sarcasm>

You forgot to add these attribute to your <sarcasm> tag:
standard="low"

> Repeating biased reporting, propoganda and extreme views
> based on nothing more than empty opinion is *utterly* counter-productive
> if you are actually trying to effect change.

My opinion is empty just because you don't agree with it.

> Do you *seriously* believe
> everything that you read without any kind of qualification? Dude...

NO, unless I have any satisfactory prove of it being truth.

> They were not muslims and they literally shook with fear upon reading
> the Quran? Were they mentally unhinged?

Well, I admit my mistake. I used a poetic term. I mean a feeling that one can
feel inside.

> "According to American definitions of terrorism and reasons for military
> actions, Indonesia's military action in Aceh is completely justified.
> Why doesn't USA consider it?"
>
> Syed, military action = more death. That's just the way it is. If an
> alternative path exists, it should be taken. Regardless of whether or
> not you think that the party pushing for peace is being hypocritical.

I'd again say:
Sometimes peace claims more deaths than wars.

--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/