[thechat] Rents in Malibu

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Fri Jun 6 14:28:01 CDT 2003

> Does anyone know how much it costs to rent a studio or 1 bedroom
> apartment in the West LA - Malibu - Calabasas - Thousand Oaks region
> in California?

My parents live on the south side of Los Angeles (Malibu is on the north
side), and they were paying about $1,400 per month for a very nice two
bedroom apartment (they have since moved into a house). They said --
when they were shopping for apartments a year ago -- that the cheapest
one-bedrooms in that area were going for about $1,000 a month.

Their community is probably just a little cheaper than Malibu. Without
looking, I'd guess rents in Malibu start at about $1,000/mo for a studio
and go up from there.

Hope that helps, Madhu!

--ken