[thechat] The Credit Card Prank

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Jun 7 05:47:23 CDT 2003

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

<quote>

In my lifetime, I have made nearly 15,000 credit card transactions. I
purchase almost everything on plastic. What bugs me about credit card
transactions is the signing. Who checks the signature? Nobody checks the
signature.

Credit card signatures are a useless mechanism designed to make you feel
safe, like airport security checks. So my question was, how crazy would I
have to make my signature before someone would actually notice?

</quote>

Funny, but scary.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy