[thechat] nagrom's new ride

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Jun 11 11:32:16 CDT 2003

Nagrom shared neat stuff about the new ride:

>>the Toro Recycler®
>>http://www.toro.com/home/mowers/recycler/20016.html
>>this thing is awesome!

Hi Nagrom!

<Close to bordering on being waaaaaaay too much of a 'guy thing',
but *shrug* />

Congrats on the new ride!!  Woooooo!   ;-)

>>it self-propels itself at quite a clip.
>>you don't have to run to keep up, the pace is more like yasser arafat's
>>regular walk.

Coolio!  I had always *hated* the old self-propelled mowers my dad had,
cuz they were just too darn slow!

Oddly enough, I was out shopping for a new mower recently ... we were buying
one for my wife's son and his family as they will be moving into a little
rental house soon.

We looked at Home Depot and at Lowe's (same thing).  I was a little smitten
with this new Honda (or maybe it was a Husqvarna with a Honda motor - don't
remember) with funky wheels in front ... but it was self-propelled.
It looked like it had 6 forward speed though - so I was wondering if it was
a good deal faster than the old ones used to be.  Sounds like it probably is!

[BOTH their on-line sites TOTALLY SUCK! ... so I can't share a picture of
those funky wheels. They were attached from above ... kinda like casters on
a filing cabinet...]

{My mower is about 10 years old and *badly* in need of a blade sharpening.
*sigh* Oh well, I've been having a, for me, most unusual run of good luck
with DIY projects lately so I guess I'll give it a go.  It's a John Deere
so it will probably last just this side of forever.  Shame it isn't green
though.}

My wife, dear thing that she is, doesn't comprehend "cool" mowers -- especially
when they cost more than uncool mowers -- so we bought one at Sears.

RonL.