[thechat] nagrom's new ride

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Wed Jun 11 18:10:26 CDT 2003

> > > Hang out at the 24-hour gas station.
> > >
> > > Ahh, memories of  that Mobile will always be with me.
>
> But apparently my ability to spell "Mobil" will not :)

heh, funny i knew what you meant.

ridgefield had a "black and white sign only" policy forever.
they actually had a black and white mobil sign, A&P, etc. they ditched it
sometime in the 90s.

but you'll like this:
http://www.newstimes.com/cgi-bin/dbs.cgi?db=news&view_records=1&id=51241
"The future of the town's most recognizable landmark is in doubt after an
alleged drunken driver in a Hummer plowed into the 88-year-old fountain
early Sunday, virtually destroying it. "

there was a great editorial yesterday, with someone demanding the
hummer-operator pay for the repair of the fountain.

i just wish they had a shot of the hummer parked on top of the thing.

nagrom