[thechat] Video Question - jpg still from mov file?

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 15:58:08 CDT 2003

Wow. It's weird the things you don't realise are tourist attractions.
I'd seen the bats do their thing in Austin year after year in my
childhood. I didn't realise it was anything beyond a bunch of hungry
bats. Then again (when not visiting the grandparents in Austin,) I was
born and raised in New York City and still can't figure out why people
want to trek to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

Frankly, the bats are cooler :)

(Unless they get trapped in the dome of the capitol building, roost or
nest or whatever there overnight, get freaked out in the morning, panic
a bunch of tourists, swoop down into your hair and get tangled in there
and you're eight years old and scream your head off and get bitten and
have to get a rabies shot. That wasn't so cool.)

--Bri
(who seems to have a story for every location mentioned on thechat this
month)

---