[thechat] Scourge from the Skies!

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Jun 18 08:24:41 CDT 2003

For Kevin || et alia,

Oh sure!

Isaac, Irina, and Javier get to show off their "good" pix ... and here I come along with some grab
shots of the dang bats!  Oh well ...

With apologies to Sammy, here's a still of a ... 'cork' ... of bats. It takes quite a few of those little
buggers to take up that much 'sky-estate'!   (170k):
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Bats/Cork_of_Bats.jpg

Here's that roughly 7.25 Mb quicktime movie. [Note - it was the end of a very long day ... physically
and mentally tiring. (Not to mention the gallons of lake water embedded in my sinuses and frying my
brain.) .. do yourself a favor and turn off the sound. Dang!  I'm gonna have to spring for an editor so I
can remove that kind of crap ahead of time.]:
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Bats/Bat_Movie.mov

The bats weren't the only reason we sauntered over to Austin last week. We took my son for a tour
of UT-Austin last Thursday - he'll be entering _some_ college in the Fall of 2004.  We also had a little
bit of fun:

We tried wake boarding and water skiing on Lake Travis last Friday (130k).:
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Bats/Wake%20Board.jpg

We took Saturday a tad easier, but still had time to get in a round of Disc Golf at Zilker Park (166k):
http://www.fangsnclaws.com/Bats/DiscGolf.jpg

(I made a note to remove these next Monday, so they'll only be there for a bit.)

RonL.
(Who's a little apprehensive about explaining to the chiro working to 'fix' his back and shoulders
exactly why learning to water ski and wake board seemed like ... "a good idea at the time?")

;-)