[thechat] The Office

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Jun 21 03:03:35 CDT 2003

> We've been watching "The Office" on BBC America.
>
> It's hideously funny.
>
> If you get the chance to see it, you should.
> For those of you who saw it when it first aired on BBC - What'd you
> think of it?
>
> bob

When I saw the first episode I first thought it was a fly on the wall
documentary.

each episode gets better, the second series more cringingly funny than
the first, for me the funniest bits are Tim's unspoken glances and
facial expressions and the fact that the situations are all so real.

Everyone can identify their boss (or one of their bosses) in David Brent
and sadly a little of themselves in all the other characters.

Have you seen the stapler in jelly yet? (my favourite ephemeral moment)
My favourite line:

Beautifully crafted and so, so funny (yet hide behind the sofa cringe
making at times!)

if you haven't seen it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/