[thechat] Harry Potter

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sun Jun 22 23:03:00 CDT 2003

At 02:07 AM 23-06-03, **1st Vamp** wrote:
>Just because someones making money off something doesn't make her satan.
>She tells a good
>tale, and she gets money for it.

Which is fine by me. I'm a capitalist all the way.
We're merely discussing avenues of revenue, not whether she should be
making money or not.

>It doesn't make her a saint either, but I think she handles fame and
>fortune rather well
>considering.

How are you supposed to handle it? ;)

>In the UK it's being sold for about £8 by a few retailers.

[does quick mental calculation. £8 = ~ Rs. 619]

Holy crap, that's about the same price it's going for here. List price is
higher, but online retailers are selling it for 10-20% less. You'd think it
would be cheaper here since we're a poorer country and all that. :p

Regards,

Madhu