[thechat] Devious spam

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jun 23 05:07:51 CDT 2003

rudy wrote:
> i got a doozie tonight, not exactly spam, but pretty devious, in that it
> seems targetted to me (a web developer), but then maybe it's just a
> coincidence
>
> it had a .pif attachment

un virus - the ala content was ripped from another email in the victim's
mail store, and since they had your email address in their address book, it
stands to reason that the professional and/or personal interests would have
a high chance of crossover, hence why it would appear to be "targetted".
Viruses suck.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like