[thechat] Devious spam

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 09:24:59 CDT 2003

--- rudy <rudy937 at rogers.com> wrote:

 A LIST APART     1.44     24 April 1998

 <!--A Moderated Daily Digest for People Who Make
Websites-->

>From pixels to prose, coding to content.
 ______@

If you've ever wondered why there's a greaterthan sign
in front of the "From pixels to prose" it's because of
me. :) Way back in 1998 I was using NS Messenger 3.0
(for some reason 4.0 was crashing on me several times
day) and A LIST APART was getting broken into two
pieces. I exchanged email with Zeldman and Brian Platz
for a while and Brian determined that NS was
interpreting a "From" that was on the left margin was
"FROM:".

Well, I just thought I'd share.

Terry