[thechat] Pride (and $50) at Steak

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Mon Jun 23 11:41:42 CDT 2003

On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 09:48  AM, Madhu Menon wrote:

> What the HELL is a "chicken-fried steak"?

Didn't we talk about this once before?

take a cheap cut of steak, pound it out to about 1cm thick (or a little
less), dip it in batter, fry it. Basically, it's Wiener schnitzel
(vitello Milanese) made with beef. Then, you smother it in cream gravy.
Serve with corn and mashed potatoes.

Yummy.

> And even stranger, a "chicken-fried chicken"?

chicken breast served the same way as chicken fried steak. The meat is
the only real difference.

http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/texascfs.htm

Try it. Seriously. It's very good.

(I'm a recent convert, having lived the bulk of my years outside of
Texas).

bob