[thechat] Mac new stuff

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 12:46:22 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 06:39  pm, Luther, Ron wrote:

>> what is all that nonsense in the browser archive about checking
>> "parentorg"
>> or whatever the heck it was anyway?
>
> erm... where's that..?

> I saw it blinking and blinking and blinking some more .... in the
> status
> line field at the bottom of the browser when attempting to click on the
> 'browser' link from the evolt front page while surfing in using IE2 on
> what was probably a very early version of Win95.

Aha... I wonder if IE2 isn't recognising the virtual hosts and is
complaining about the domain name not matching the reverse DNS...

beo is currently hosted on evolt.org.uk's box, which, for hysterical
reasons[1], is canonically known as acornparenting.org.

Cheers
Martin
[1] Specifically, we set it up in a hurry for a beo mirror, and it
needed a domain to itself. The one we had spare was that one (which is
one of mine). At the time, we didn't forsee the need for it to become
the main box for beo/leo/deo. We should probably fix it so that the IP
resolves to eouk.