[thechat] Bill Frist on the Iraq War: WMD wasn't the main reason ...

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Thu Jun 26 10:28:53 CDT 2003

Sorry about the lack of link, I'm still searching for an english version,
thus translating from Icelandic to English.

<quote>
According to AFP [1] as published by the leading newspaper in Iceland [2],
Bill Frist told the Today Show on NBC that Iraqis possession of WMD wasn't
the main justification for the US invasion in Iraq. The US just deserved
that Saddam Hussein would be dethroned.

And further:
"When we're dealing with terrorists and individuals who harbour terrorists,
individuals who have WMD, murders it's own people and invades other
countries [...] to get rid of such individuals is the will of the American
Nation, the nation needs it and people feel safer because of it." [3]
</quote>

Don't you just feel safer knowing that all people are not created equal and
that we have a reigning regime over there to decide who deserves to be
dethroned today?

elfur
*the powerless one*

[1] http://www.afp.com
[2] http://mbl.is
    direct link: http://mbl.is/mm/frettir/erlent/frett.html?nid=1038346
[3] note, this is my translation to English of an Icelandic translation,
probably from English, sorry, but I can't find it on any of the "major"
websites, cnn, bbc, msnbc (horse's mouth) etc.