[thechat] DYFTIO

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Sun Jun 29 10:56:30 CDT 2003

From: "Morgan Kelsey"

> syed,
>
> oh for crying out allah, do we have to suffer through this crap again?
>
> YES, BOTH graphics are totally friggin hilarious. NO, you aren't going to
> find any americans on this list who wish to give their first born to the
> evil lord satan, otherwise known as george bush.
>
> if you're looking for a bunch of americans to flame based on their love of
> bush, go to google groups and search for a chat room about pick-up trucks
> and incest (sorry to our southern friends).

Relax my friend, relax! I don't want to begin another burning political thread.
I just want the reaction of Americans on this list to that image.
Well! I am not feeling political these days. I have almost abandoned to listen
or read purely political news.
So, I wish you are not going to be flaming politicians just because of an image.
You believe it or not, I have never chatted on internet through chat rooms or
certain chat programs. I don't even know how to use a chat room. I like e-mail
based interaction.

Madhu is a very clever guy. His comments pulled us to politics.

Why did I post the image link and the question? It is the real question.
Well! There is a site called http://www.webshots.com/. I am a member of their
community. I have put some images there. I downloaded the image (maybe released
by FBI) about UBL from there. I put another resembling image about GWB. Some
days ago, I received a notice that my latest submission (image about GWB)
offends the emotions of some audience that's why they were deleting the image
from the server. And they did it. I have a question in my mind. They have a same
kind of image about UBL. Doesn't that image offend the supporters of UBL? (No, I
do NOT support UBL).
Here I would like to appreciate Webshots. Once I was searching some comedy about
UBL there. I found some images which directly offended the personality of
Prophet Muhammad. If the uploader of those images is caught under Islamic law,
he will definitely be executed. (I don't want to discuss laws any more.) I
complained Webshots and protested with full enthusiasm but very politely and
diplomatically. They not only deleted those images but also cancelled the
membership of the uploader. For this, I still appreciate the site owners.

My original question remians there:

Do you find this image offesive (as a citizen of USA)?
http://www.geocities.com/mtwspace/shrub.jpg

> personally, i voted for the scientologists who said their space ship would
> land on the pentagon if they won.

Well! Seems interesting. Science is quite exciting for me. I would like to know
more about scientologists. If they are so scientific, why can't they get into
White House?
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://szh.envy.nu/