[thechat] Next Anime Step?

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 9 09:21:32 CDT 2003

=> I was thinking along the lines of Cowboy Bebop - the Movie,
=> Ghost in the Shell,
=> and maybe Akira.

I'm just getting my feet wet in anime myself, and have *really* enjoyed
the "Cowboy Bebop" series. Great action, hip music, and cool characters.
The movie's great, too, but I'd recommend seeing the series first to get
all the characters' background stories. (kinda helps you better
understand Faye's urgent need for money, and Ed's..well, Ed's story
could be a whole series by itself)

"Lain: Serial Experiments" is also a very well-done series. Kinda slow
at moments, but really makes you think!

I'll probably check out "Ghost in the Shell" and "Evangelion"
next...along with the other recommendations that have been posted so
far.

Alan