[thechat] Attending EUvolt: bringing any toys?

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Jul 14 17:17:18 CDT 2003

Elfur Logadottir wrote:
> From: "Martin Burns"
>
> | > Was just wondering if anyone on the list attending EUvolt this
> month, | > is planning on | > taking any "special equipment" along,
> e.g. | | > laptops, | check
>
> hmmm

Second Elfur on that one.  Wish I had a laptop, but alas, no.

> | > phones, PDAs | check (pda that *is* a phone)
>
> errrr ...

My phone doesn't work in the UK and I think PDA's are kind of silly.

> | Digicam, check. New SLR digicam that Judah's kindly importing for
> me, | check.
>
> uh ...

A camera, I actually have.  I'm hopefully bringing Martin's camera.
I've just located one and its supposed to be in stock on the 15th or
16th.  We shall see.

> | Beermoney, check.
>
> Finally!!! Check

W00t! beer!  Which reminds me, I have to find out if my bank changes
money. You people and your foreign currency.

I think I'm actually bringing more things for other people than I am for
myself :)

Speaking of such things, does anyway want something specific brought
over from the US that is hard to find there?

Judah