[thechat] homemade cable tv distribution

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Aug 4 09:06:03 CDT 2003

Yup.  The LNB (blob thing on the arm on the dish)
changes channel in hardware, not software.  I'd be
slightly surprised if the 'industrial' version
didn't cost an arm and a leg -- its job, effectively,
is to repeat the job of that LNB for every receiver
on the network.

Also look out:  in the UK, you'd be running a cable
TV service without a license.  *Highly* illegal here,
you should find out local laws on the subject first.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7609 2214       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com