[thechat] high fidelity quiz

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 16:21:12 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 09:56  pm, Erika Meyer wrote:

> but I honestly prefer records.  Whoever came up with the notion that
> CD's were in some way better than records and convinced the world,
> needs to melt in hell.

To be honest, I'm really not that hung up on format (beyond that any
recorded music format is garbage compared to the live). Since getting
the iPod, I'm listening to and buying more music than at any time in
about the last 10 years.

And playlists based on metadata are just the business. "Gimme a
playlist of 80s music that I've either not rated at all, or rated above
3/5, and limit it to 4 hours of the least played tracks"

"Gimme 3 hours of chilled music (genre, title, album or comments
contains the word 'chill')"

"I want 74 minutes' worth of Cuban music - the top rated tracks please
- so I can put together a CD for a party at someone else's house"

> Do the pretty pictures look as good on a CD case as they do on an
> album cover?  HELL NO.

Now that I will give you. Although I think The Pink Floyd would have
killed for iTunes visualisations to project on the wall behind the
stage in 1967 (Oil wheels *are* cool, though:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/600c/images/485/).

Cheers
Martin