[thechat] Bar snacks

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Sun Aug 10 02:58:22 CDT 2003

> >Don't put bowls of complimentary nuts or anything like that on the bar --
> >that's cheap.
>
> Why? Ain't it better than having nothing at all?

I don't think so. No place I go to has complimentary snacks. Only trashy old
pubs have them (nuts), and they're so infested with urine, you wouldn't
touch them.

> I also need a couple of good
> bartenders. In
> India, women are not allowed to work in bars under law. Bummer.

Discriminatory! That's terrible.

> Say, are you still on schedule to get here by Nov/Dec?

Current (new) plan is to leave The Lodge (where I work bar, for anyone not
up on the news) in mid-November. Maybe go to Austria. Have Christmas and NYE
with my mum, sister and rellies in Slovenia and Italy.

Then begin with Asia. We go through Beijing first, then either
Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam/More China, or India. Haven't decided on order.

But yes, we're still planning on coming. Any time we've stayed with locals,
we've had a really good experience (family in Slovenia, Javier in Chile,
Martin in Edinburgh, etc).

> (I wish I could source a bottle or two of Midori from somewhere. I love
> that stuff, but it's not available here.)

We don't have it at my bar either. And after last night (see paragraph on
theforum thread) we don't have a few other drinks either!

isaac