[thechat] MPG on VCD Player

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Sun Aug 10 14:30:39 CDT 2003

Hello Everybody,
I hope I'll not bother you with this technical question as it has a touch of
entertainment.

I am copying a VCD on to a write-able CD. A friend says that coping a VCD is
(virtually) impossible on a slow system as it would take many hours. He says
that I have to copy the video files as *.mpg files. He says that any MPG, MP3
enabled VCD player will be able to play it. But he doesn't know more than that.

Note: I don't have a VCD player I use computer as VCD player.

My questions are:
1.    What sequence of file names do I have to use or can I use file names of my
choice?
2.    Can I control the order of playback of MPG files on VCD player by naming
the files?

Do you have any other ideas in this regard?

(Don't care about copyright laws. I am not going to violate them.)

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://szh.envy.nu/