[thechat] pop tarts and smashed guitars (was: hell, I forgot)

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Aug 12 13:24:27 CDT 2003

Erika Meyer noted:

>>I'm only hoping that when Morgan referred to "pete townshend
>>style" it was not in reference to Townshend's online blog.

The image conveyed over thisaway had you swinging the toaster by
it's cord and repeatedly smashing it to the ground ... chrome
shrapnel flying hither and yon.  (I'm sure if Fellini had seen
Townsend he would have put an image like that into one of his
films! I guess we'll have to wait for it to turn up in Anime
instead.)  ;-)

>>The song (just me and a guitar) is here:
>>(if it works)

The song works fine ... actually I was thinking it would fit in quite
well on the Violent Femmes disc I have sitting in the truck today.
Kind of a similar vibe ... and I liked it better than some of the
stuff on that disc anyway.

>>I have never actually eaten a pop tart,

They're okay ... I like the strawberry ones ... although I *never* toast
them. Ick! Real men eat their poptarts raw! ... albeit with lotsa sprinkles!

RonL.
(Who thinks we need more 'volter music and films shared about the place!
We've got original music from Shirley K. and Erika -- how 'bout a few tunes
from Joel or Martin [Martin could sing the 'hedgehog song'!] {'course I
also think we should consider adding 'trollable' file names like calling
this last one "Celine_Dion.mp3" ... but that's just cuz I'm evil like that.})

Ya know? You'd think onna them thar Eurovolterooskis woulda been able to
figger out the 'film+audio' setting on onna their fancy digital camera
buggers and given us some more entertaining beervolt links ... not that
I'm laying this on any one of them in particular .... but how hard could
that be?