Corrupted SmartMedia Card (was: RE: [thechat] pop tarts and smashed guitars (was: hell, I forgot))

Terry Fowler quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 14:25:15 CDT 2003

--- "Luther, Ron" <ron.luther at hp.com> wrote:

> fancy digital camera

A friend just finished a trip to Park City, Utah;
Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks and is
having trouble reading data off one of his Smart
Media cards. Here, in his own words, is his problem:

> I've tried viewing the pix on the camera, and
> accessing the files via hookup to PC, and both
> options ask if I want to format the card; acts
> like there's no data and needs to be formatted.

This is a 32MB SmarMedia card used in an Olympus
C-700 digicam. I'm particularly interested in this
subject since I also have a C-700. Is there any
hope or does he need to go on vacation again?

terry