[thechat] Restaurant toilets

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Aug 12 15:13:07 CDT 2003

Hi folks.

Toilets/restrooms are usually an ignored part of most restaurants here.
Owners usually cut budgets on them. I, on the other hand, want to improve
the user experience in the toilets. A bad impression of a toilet leaves one
with a bad impression of the restaurant itself.

To this end, I'm doing things like putting a full length mirror in the
lady's toilet. Of course, it won't be facing you while you use the damn
thing, but against the wall. I'm also thinking of making it just a teeny
bit concave to make people look a tad thinner. Shameless manipulation, I know.

I'm also thinking of putting a breath mint basket in toilets for people
who've had one drink too many and shows on their breath.

Have you ever seen a restaurant toilet that had something out of the
ordinary? What else can I incorporate that will make the toilets more
useful? (ok, you can forget that smartass remark about having a toilet bowl)

Regards,

Madhu