[thechat] Restaurant toilets

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Tue Aug 12 20:57:10 CDT 2003

> Nothing fancy, but there are 3 very easy ways to stuff up a toilet
> in a public or semi-public place:

> 1) Hot-air blowers only, no paper towel. Some people like paper towel.
> 2) Paper towel only, no hot-air blowers. Some people like hot-air blowers.
> 3) Poor quality bogroll.. erm... toilet paper[1].
> Actually:
> 4) Empty soap dispensers. Keep the liquid soap dispensers FULL.
>    Nothing worse than running out.

Oh, I can think of something worse. Leaky
plumbing. And it's annoying when the faucet is
leaking into the sink, but a wet floor is *really* a
bummer, and a ten-fold bummer when the wet floor
is around the stool, so you have to figure out how to
keep everything dry.

Is it *really* that much of a hassle to provide hooks
so you can hang up your coat?

If I was building a facility, there would not only be
grab bars behind and beside the stool, but there
needs to be one above the urinal as well. Different
kinds of disabilities, you know, and trying to lean
forward while you are on crutches so you don't get
your shoes wet is a real bummer.  Grab bars are
*cheap* and wonderful.

> [1] Surely, in this day and age, it's a miracle that no-one has a more
>     'markety' name for toilet paper. You'd think that that aisle of the
>     supermarket would be filled with 'personal hygiene wipe' or
>     'intimate cleansing paper' or something by now, given how they
>     do that to everything else. Weird.

Toilet paper *is* a marketing euphemism. Your
comment reminds me of the complaint a society
lady made to Bess Truman about Harry using the
phrase "horse manure" in a discussion of gardening.
Bess replied that it had really been hard to the get
Harry to *start* using the term "manure"

deke

--
HTTP://GENEROUS.NET
The web's best personal ads.