[thechat] Restaurant toilets

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Tue Aug 12 21:24:34 CDT 2003

>Have you ever seen a restaurant toilet that had something out of the
>ordinary? What else can I incorporate that will make the toilets more
>useful? (ok, you can forget that smartass remark about having a toilet bowl)

Howdy,

Don't make people waste a good hand wash by having to touch a door on the way
out.

Maybe there's a good reason public toilets almost never have lids, but I can't
think of one.
<http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f02/web2/stan.html>

least two hours after each flush, thus maximizing its chance to float around
and spread (2). "The greatest aerosol dispersal occurs not during the initial
moments of the flush, but rather once most of the water has already left the
bowl," according to Philip Tierno, MD, director of clinical microbiology and
diagnostic immunology at New York University Medical Center and Mt. Sinai
Medical Center.</blockquote>

And 3 things should be within an arm's reach of each fixture: an ashtray, a
place to set a beer, and little paper cups for the folks who drink their own
urine.

HTH  =)

Sean G.

"No matter how much money Bruce [Springsteen] gives to charity, I still say
he's one of the tightest men I've ever known." - David Sedaris.