[thechat] Restaurant toilets

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Aug 12 22:49:22 CDT 2003

At 02:41 AM 13-08-03, Tara Cleveland wrote:

>Free tampons ++. In a basket.

Er, this is India, Tara - very conservative country. You don't want to do
anything like that.
(Also, tampons aren't really sold much here. It seems to be mostly sanitary
napkins/pads. Don't ask me why; I'm a guy. ;)

>Hand lotion ++ Fresh flowers in the washrooms

I was pondering over the flowers yesterday. Would it go with the purpose of
the loo? I wouldn't want to carry a hot dog in there, for instance. But of
course I'll trust a lady's opinion over mine.

>baskets of lovely things in the toilets... face wipes, spray-on deodorant,
>perfume, lotions, condoms, tampons, maxi-pads, etc. etc.

Keep any of those here and they WILL be toilet-lifted. Trust me. It's just
part of the culture, unfortunately.

I like Deke's idea of grab bars. It will probably help older people too.

>is... a bit odd. A comfy chair (if the restroom is large enough)

It ain't. Real estate is bloody expensive here. :(

>'cause you
>know we always go in groups

Yeah, what's with that? I've never understood it.

>My fave pub is my fave pub because the
>toilets are always clean and have soap, towels and tp.

Yes, I'll keep peach-scented liquid soap. I like that scent a lot.

>all my friends there, had my stagette there

er, what's a "stagette"?

Thanks for all the suggestions, people.

Regards,

Madhu