[thechat] Restaurant toilets

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Aug 13 11:25:22 CDT 2003

Elfur Logadottir noted:

>>take iceland, we have 7 digit numbers and *every-one* uses the 3-4 method
>>of saying a number
>>698 9717
>>so when i say the number my way, they always get confused:

+1!

I used to have a pager with the number 680-0768.

Naturally, I always gave the number out as "68 double-0 7 68". It was
a lot easier for *me* to remember that way ... but it did seem to fuse
a few cerebellums for not fitting into the 'standard' format!

I also used to work for a company who's main inbound number was (at
least when I said it) 1 800 800 800 1.  A lot of people thought that
was a fake number too.

RonL.
- the telephonically challenged one