[thechat] Tequila substitute

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Aug 27 13:08:51 CDT 2003

Madhu Menon blasphemes:

>>Is there any other alcohol or mix of spirits that would make a reasonable
>>substitute [for tequila]?

Whoa there partner!  That kinda question has probly gotten folks kil't
'round heah ... and I don't mean in that breezy Scottish fashion sense
neither.

;-)

Bummer on the screwy laws.  If it helps, there seems to be info around
on making your own ... but that may run you afoul of even MORE laws:
http://www.cocktailtimes.com/distillery/tequila.production.shtml

If I'm a drinking, it's usually 'Bacardi & Diet Coke'. Or maybe my wife's
top shelf margeritas.  Red Wine: Merlot.  White Wine: Pinot Grigio or a nice
Gewurtztraminer.  Although I do often order a Black Russian as a before
dinner cocktail.

RonL.
Who gets pretty cranky when he orders a 'Black Russian' and the dadgum
waiter *thinks* he heard 'Blanco Russian' and ruins my drink with milk!
Grrrrr!!  ..... don't wanna have to order 'Negro Russian's.