[thechat] Mumbai bomb blasts

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 16:55:58 CDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 09:13  pm, Heironymous Bosch wrote:

> | > If we find out the bastards behind this, I'm fully in favour of
> the death
> | > penalty for them.
> |
> | Where are anti-death-penalty lobbies now!
>
> NOT here.  Terrorists should be put to death.

Would that include Washington, Paul Revere et al?

The definition of 'terrorist' is not at all constant, and tends not to
be defined simply in terms of the actions of the people in question,
but how much actual power they have at present (when they gain power,
they become 'respectable politicians   using robust means to ensure
security').

'War criminal' also tends to have the same kind of definition, being
used by the same people *after* they have lost power.

Cheers
Martin
--
Now playing on iTunes: "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" by The Pogues
from 'Rum, Sodomy And The Lash' - a hit from way back in 1985