[thechat] Mumbai bomb blasts

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Mon Sep 1 05:24:41 CDT 2003

At 11:00 01/09/2003 +0100, Chris Marsh wrote:

>Ironically, I think that is what the terrorists you speak of are
>actually saying themselves. And maybe I'm splitting hairs, but I believe
>it's "our" planet.

   The only difference between terrorists and the people who were
responsible for the establishment of the Irish Free State is that there's
now an Irish Free State. The people executed after the fiasco that was the
Easter Rebellion in 1916 were treated exactly as anyone touting the death
penalty for terrorists would have *them* treated, and yet they're now
regarded as heroes and patriots.

   If anyone can point out to me any other difference, I'll be very
interested to hear it, but thus far I see no sensible argument for
executing terrorists while simultaneously holding people like Michael
Collins up as heroes.

   Drew.