[thechat] Mumbai bomb blasts

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Tue Sep 2 20:27:27 CDT 2003

> I'm not talking about normal people, normal people don't kill, but
> somewhere amongst us are deviants, and even deviants understand the
> death penalty.

Spoken with the sure, calm voice of someone who
has had little contact with the "deviant" population....

"Normal" people *do* kill, despite understanding the
death penalty.  They are the only ones, however,
who might be influenced by the death penalty.

Some people do not understand death, and thus
cannot understand the death penalty.

Some people do understand the death penalty, but
are incapable of realizing that it applies to them. If
you hear God's voice in your head, telling you to kill,
it is more imperative than a dusty lawbook; after all,
laws cease to have any influence over you after your
death, but God will be around forever.

Still others understand the death penalty, but do not
fear death. It's kinda hard to deter someone who is
suicidal.

deke

--
HTTP://GENEROUS.NET