[thechat] calling all winos...

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Wed Sep 3 22:01:26 CDT 2003

>1. George Duboeuf's Beaujolais Nouveau - A nice red that only comes out
>around late October to early November. Without a doubt my favorite red
>table wine. Buy it by the case 'cuz it sells fast!
>
>2. Rosemont Estate Shiraz - A great hearty shiraz!

+1 Rosemont Estate, good stuff.

>3. Clos du Bois 2000 Merlot - I'm a big fan of Merlots and this is a
>really nice one.

I've had, and wasn't impressed with, Clos du Bois chardonnay.  But I'll keep an
eye out for their merlot.

I also recommend Blackstone merlot and cabernet.  Blackstone is always under
$10 in my neighborhood shops and very drinkable.  This is the wine I stock up
for those impromptu 'let's have a bottle of wine' moments.

bottoms up!

Sean G.