[thechat] Stocking the bar

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Sep 3 23:23:00 CDT 2003

At 04:47 AM 04-09-03, Isaac Forman wrote:
>Here's what we have:

Gosh, that's a lot.

>I don't know exactly what you'll be serving or what people will be
>drinking. Any ideas?

Ah, yes, people here don't drink quite the same stuff as in USA/UK.

* Almost nobody drinks champagne
* Very few people drink wine (I'm only getting a dozen glasses)
* Nobody drinks liqueurs
* Lot of people drink beer
* Lot of people drink Bacardi and Vodka, mostly with mixers
* 20% drink rum (the brown kind)
* 20% drink regular whisky
* About 5-10% drink Scotch
* About 50% (or more) of the ladies don't drink hard liquor
* While cocktail consumption is in the 5-10% range, that's usually because
they are bloody expensive at most places. I want to change this behaviour
hence my cocktails will be much more affordable. With this strategy, I'm
hoping to switch some of the ladies who don't want to drink a vodka but
might prefer something tastier and sweeter.
* We need one generic glass type for soft drinks, juices and other
non-alcoholic stuff like iced lemongrass tea.

I think I only need about 5 types of glasses.

Regards,

Madhu