[thechat] yet another per capita world record ;)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Sep 7 18:28:20 CDT 2003

Elfur Logadottir wrote:

> until i reached the source's website, i was oh, so proud.
> but all of a sudden quoting http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk doesn't sound as
> good.

I wouldn't trust the Daily Rangers as far as I could throw it.  It's only a
couple of rungs up the tabloid ladder from The Daily Hun ...er, sorry, The
Sun and The Sunday Sport.  It's the kind of paper that runs sticker
campaigns where you take stickers on a particular "hot topic" and put them
in your car to show your support, like NO PAEDOS IN MY TOWN or NO M80
EXTENSION or NO BRAIN IN THIS CAR or whatever.  In short, can't stand it :)
  I must admit, though, to being capable of actually reading it if it's put
in front of me, unlike The Sun or The Daily Mail (argh).

Yes, I'm a Grauniad reader!  It's true!  No, honestly, I don't read
anything tabloid, ever!  [runs and cancels daily delivery of Evening Times
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/ ...]

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like